Work Experience: Summer 2020 for Year 10 students – Applications now open
This year The Market Bosworth School are working in partnership with the Leicestershire Education Business Company (LEBC) launching a new work experience opportunity to all Yr10 students during week 3 and week 4 of their summer holidays 2020.
As a school, we firmly believe that work experience is a valuable part of a student's education as it helps them to have a better understanding of the world of work, the opportunities that are available to them, develop their confidence and make them more work ready.
LEBC have been organising work placements for students across Leicestershire for more than 20 years. Their website is www.leics-ebc.org.uk if you would like to find out more about the organisation.
There are two options available for students: -
Option 1 – For LEBC to find a placement on your child’s behalf. Your child will need to complete an application form and list their three preferred industry sectors from the Student Guide.
The cost for your son/daughter to take part will be £57 per placement. For this price LEBC will;
- Set up of the work experience placement trying to meet your son/daughter’s preference including workplace assessment of health, safety and welfare arrangements.
- Send you a contract agreement which sets out the job description and generic young person’s risk assessment which your son/daughter will take to interview.
Option 2 - For your child to find their own work placement. Your child will need to complete the self-placement form as well as the main application form for this option. Completion of the main application form is necessary in case the self-placement cannot proceed for any reason.
This carries a cost of £50 and requires completion of an additional self-placement form.
- Should a student wish to organise their own work placement, LEBC will carry out all appropriate checks to ensure the placement is suitable and safe, on our behalf.
All application forms should be returned to the school office by 18th November and a payment provision will then be assigned on Scopay for the placement fee. Applications cannot be sent to LEBC without payment.
Application forms are available via the links below. Paper copies will be available in school from Miss Luker.
For details of the process please see the links below.
LEBC will be delivering an assembly on October 22nd to all Year 10 students to explain the many benefits of the programme.
They will also be running an after school session for parents on Thursday 31st October 5-6pm in the Drama Studio.
For those students in receipt of the Pupil Premium Grant, full funding towards the scheme will be covered through the school's grant. For any questions about this, please contact email@example.com
- LEBC Student Guide to work experience
- Work Experience Placement APPLICATION FORM
- Work Experience letter Year 10
- Work Experience Deadline Dates
- Work Experience Parent Information Sheet
- Self Placement form